You’ve heard people talk on and on about having an email list. By now, you feel like you need to have one. Well, you do. Here’s why: an email list can expose you to people in your audience who are in need of the solutions your products or services provide for their business. Creating the list is one thing. Creating an email marketing strategy is another. Putting this strategy together isn’t hard as you might perceive but there are key things you should focus on during this process. Here are the 3 things to consider when creating your email marketing strategy:
- Your Audience: Defining your audience and doing your market research is vital to this process. So, you might not have anyone on your list yet (we’re going to fix that). Since you’re just starting out, do you know the target age of your community? Their gender? Do you know how they will seek you out amongst others in your industry? Do you know what they would like to learn or read from you? Take that into consideration. Now, on the flip side if you already have a list think about it from this perspective: Have you looked at analytics to determine how they signed up for your list in the first place? If they opt-in to a free course, freebie, or signed up for your blog, they could be wanting to learn a specific thing from you. Checkout? These are definitely customers. Public event or Website? These people could be your general audience. If it is a combination of all of these things, your audience might just be a fan of your brand. This group can provide more conclusive analysis over time if you pay attention to their statistics and segment them properly.
- Your Content: Now, we’ve defined your future or current audience (depending if you have a list or not). So, what are you going to say to them? (you have to use words to actually communicate with them you know lol). Think back to why they signed up for your list in the first place. Think about the content you’ve created specifically for them and deliver on that consistently. Make a list of pieces of content that you can give just to them (you have some in your possession currently that you probably aren’t even using) exclusively for them allowing you space in their inbox weekly or monthly. I’ll admit, I haven’t been consistent as I would like to be (especially times i’ve been sick or been in transformation and I can own that) but hey i’m human. You want to make sure that you don’t forget to nurture or check on them from time to time. You don’t want to get into a scenario where you forgot about them for a good period of time and than you hit them with sales emails (not a good look).
- Your Goals: After you’ve determine your audience and content, now it’s time to focus on your goals. You want to make sure that you keep your audience in mind during this process. Make sure you’re being frequent and consistent with sending out email blast because it is important for engagement. You also want to make a commitment once you set your goals in place (don’t just be sporadic with your emails; people could forgot about being on your list; be consistent!) Really be intentional with what you want your goals to be: Do you want to increase your website traffic? Looking to increase your revenue? Want to add more subscribers to your list? After your goals are set, keep an eye on them over time to track your progress.
These 3 things to consider when creating your email marketing strategy are your key to success (major key I might add). Communicating with your audience is an extension of the conversation you have and with this foundation you’re on your way to building a valuable list.
P.S. - Want today's freebie? Provide me with some details below!
Learn About Tech Hacks, Systems, And Tools To Grow Your Biz From My Blog
3 Reasons Why You Should Join My List:
- You'll Learn More About Tech
- You'll Grow Your Biz
- You'll Automate Your Life
That's a win right?!